Photos by Molly Miller of A Piece of Toast
Dress: c/o Threadsence; Vest: Old Navy, old (last seen here); Scarf: Club Monaco, old; Booties: Sam Edelman (I am wearing the moss green, but here is the taupe color too); Bag: Christopher Kon; Watch: Michael Kors; Ring: Kendra Scott; Earrings: Gorjana (featured in my OpenSky Collection with the Possessionista!); Spike Pave Cuffs: c/o Bauble Bar; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban; Nails: Orly “Kiss the Bride”
Over my past 9 years in Dallas, I have learned that Sunday brunches are AN EVENT. As casual as they sound, (“Oh, lets just go grab something to eat real quick and recap the night prior!) they always turn into a full blown, all out, all afternoon extravaganza. They are almost, if not more, important than the Saturday night plans 12 hours before.
YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MIGHT BUMP INTO AT SUNDAY BRUNCH.
So what are my essentials for the perfect brunching ensemble?
- A casual loose-fitting dress that perhaps you thought abut wearing the night before (loose fitting is key…hello, red velvet waffles and chicken fried steak and eggs anyone?)
- An outerwear layering piece…I love a cargo vest or leather jacket….they give off the vibe of “Oh, I just threw this on in the last minute before I walked out the door.”
- A printed scarf to jazz things up (and you never know when you might get cold standing outside with your mimosa in hand waiting on the next available table!)
- The perfect suede bootie (High heels on Sunday? Yes, ladies….they don’t call it “Sunday Best” for nothing!)
- An oversized carryall tote in the perfect neutral….because who had time to empty out their clutch from the night before?! Plus, its hides all the nonsense that you might need should Sunday brunch turn into “Sunday Funday”
- Sunglasses, duh (Perfect for hiding the fact that you might’ve stayed out too late on Saturday night!)
What’s your without fail, go-to, easy breezy Sunday brunch look?