Top Five Reasons Why My Mom (Mama Ro, as we lovingly call her) is Cooler Than Your Mom:
5. Because she understands what POC means. (pop of color, le duh.)
4. Because she is the reason why I know how to style my hair well. (Years of sponge rollers and curling iron burns really paid off!)
3. Because she didn’t try to talk me out of going on a reality show.
2. Because she raised me, and that alone deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.
1. Because she could totally rock this bright red, uber-tech-saavy bag by Diane von Furstenberg.
For Christmas this year, I went all out and bought Mama Ro an iPad….and 5 months later, I think I have an addict on my hands. She really thinks she’s about as cool as it gets…iMessaging, FaceTiming, Google Searching, etc…if you’ve got any type of problem or question or symptom, don’t fret because Mama Ro has probably already downloaded an app to solve it. That darn thing goes everywhere with her; she will whip it out anywhere and everywhere. SHE LIVES AND DIES BY THE IPAD.
Last fall, Diane von Furstenberg premiered her Harper Connect Bag, a leather satchel with a turn-lock closure which features easy access to an iPad compartment….sounds like a tech mommy’s dream handbag, right?! The Harper is available in red, for the “Bold Mommy,” and navy, for the more “Conservative Mommy.”
But if your mom isn’t as technologically advanced as Mama Ro, don’t worry…head over to Gorjana’s website where they have chosen their top picks for Mother’s Day and are offering 30% OFF select pieces, as well as free shipping and a gift with purchase!
P.S. In addition to my incredible mother, I have several dear friends who are also brilliant mommies, so I’d like to wish an early “Happy Mother’s Day” to all of those special women who I am blessed to have in my life!