With my best friend & “Courtney Loves Dallas” co-star, Tori Gonzales (visit her jewelry line, ALL THE WIRE, here!)
With girlfriends (and familiar “Courtney Loves Dallas” castmates, Katie James, Tori Gonzales, & Annie Napier
With publicist, Bri Crum, and my assistant (you’ll see her soon on “Courtney Loves Dallas!”), Shannon Russo
Thanking all my close friends and family for their unconditional support after the premiere
(Photos courtesy of Jerry McClure)
Leather Bustier: Zara (Similar from Shopbop); Leather Pants: Topshop x Nordstrom; Heels: Christian Louboutin; Scarf: Zara, old; Earrings: Bauble Bar, old; Rose Gold Pave Chainlink Cuff: Bauble Bar; Crystal Pave Chainlink Cuff: Bauble Bar; Knotty Pinky Ring: All the Wire
This past Thursday was a whirlwind. Let’s break it down, shall we?
Here’s a little background before we dive deep into the specifics: I had been in New York City doing press for “Courtney Loves Dallas,” and woke up to news that there was a major ice storm coming through Dallas. My flight was scheduled to land in Dallas from NYC at 705pm, and I was already stressing that if it got delayed I would miss my premiere party.
- 1030am: American Airlines flight from NYC to Dallas is cancelled.
- 1031am: Start crying.
- 1032am: Frantically begin packing and decide to head to La Guardia Airport and find at least some airlines that is flying back to DFW Airport.
- 1145am: American Airlines puts me on another flight.
- 1146am: Purchase Spirit Airlines ticket on a whim, in hopes that at least one of my flights will make it back to Dallas.
- 1205pm: Spirit Airlines flight delayed for the first time.
- 1230pm: Spirit Airlines flight delayed for the second time. Begin to cry again.
- 130pm: Spirit Airlines flight delayed for the third time. Order my first drink at the airport bar.
- 131pm: Realize iPhone has 7% and begin to panic in search for a charger.
- 145pm: Second American Airlines flight is cancelled.
- 145pm: Tweet that I am stuck in La Guardia Airport and will be watching “Courtney Loves Dallas” from airport terminal.
- 146pm: Fight a loud, mouthy woman from Jersey for an outlet in airport bar.
- 205pm: Spirit Airlines announces they are boarding Dallas flight.
- 220pm: Spirit Airlines flight finally boards.
- 230pm: Let Mom know that I have made a flight back to Dallas.
- 231pm: Forget to tweet that I made a flight back to Dallas.
- 238pm: Phone dies.
- 545pm: Land in Dallas. Realize phone is still dead.
- 546pm: Charge phone with UBS cord on my laptop (UMMMM, why I didn’t do this during the flight, I have no idea.)
- 547pm: Call Tori, my best friend, and apologize for not telling her (of all people!) that I made a flight back to Dallas.
- 555pm: Step outside in Dallas and bitch about how its so much colder in Dallas than in New York.
- 600pm: Get in car and head to apartment.
- 605pm-645pm: Slide down the freeway during the beginning stages of the ice storm.
- 645-700pm: Console Mom via phone because the ice storm is keeping her in Fort Worth and she is upset that she can’t make it to premiere. I assure her that doesn’t make her a bad mom. Safety first.
- 701-720pm: Attempt to fix my hair, then just add more dry shampoo so I don’t have to curl it. Put on makeup over my airport face. Chug a glass of red wine. Tease hair again.
- 725pm: Leave for premiere.
- 815pm: Arrive at premiere.
- 816pm-Present Day: Smile & enjoy the ride.
I can’t say it enough. Thank you all for the overwhelming amount of tweets, emails, Facebook posts, and love you have sent me over the past 4 days. You are why “Courtney Loves Dallas” will be a success….and I sure as hell can’t do it without you.